LINSEED LOAF WITH ALMOND BUTTER
Preparation: 5 minutes / Cooking time: 25 minutes / Freeze: Yes
Serves you and baby
- 1 cup of milled Linseed
- 1 cup of ground almonds
- ½ cup of mixed seeds
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 eggs
- 2 ½ tsps of baking powder
- Almond butter to spread
Add 1 mashed ripe banana to make a sweet version Add a tbs of dried rosemary, 2 tbs tomato puree and 2tbs of chopped olives to make a savoury version.
Suitable for babies from 10 months and beyond
Linseed, also known as flaxseed, is the richest source of omega 3 essential fatty acids. It contains 50 percent omega 3s, almost twice as much as is contained in fish oil.
Linseed helps to regulate bodyweight.
Linseed loaf is a great alternative to regular bread and is full of hunger satisfying nutrients without the added sugar and salt of a regular loaf of bread. You and your family will love it.
- Preheat the oven at 190 Deg C
- Mix all the ingredients well in a large bowl
- Grease a loaf tin with coconut oil
- Pour the mixture in to the tin and place in to the oven for 25 minutes
- Remove from the loaf tin and allow to cool
- spread with almond butter and enjoy