REALLY TASTY BOUNTY TREATS
Serves you and your family but you may not want to share! / Preparation: 10 minutes / Freeze: Yes
- 20g solid coconut oil melted
- 15g organic honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 40g desiccated coconut
- For the chocolate coating:
- 100g solid coconut oil melted
- 2-3tbsp organic cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp organic honey
Suitable for you and all the family
Bounty Treats are high in essential fatty acids and also contain a type of fat that boosts metabolism and can aid healthy weight loss.
Bounty Treats are the perfect answer to your mid afternoon sugary cravings but without the added sugar or fats that are bad for us. These truly are delicious!
- Melt the coconut oil and mix in a food processor with the honey, vanilla extract and desiccated coconut
- Turn out the coconut mixture out on to a freezer proof plastic tray or plate and press down so there are no gaps and finish with a smooth surface
- Put the coconut mixture in to the freezer for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate coating by melting the coconut oil in a saucepan and mixing in the organic cocoa powder and honey. Heat up but do not boil.
- Remove the pressed and now frozen coconut mixture from the freezer and evenly pour over the chocolate sauce
- Place the coconut mixture with chocolate coating back in to the freezer for 1 hour until it has set solid
- Remove from the freezer and break in to small even pieces
- Enjoy a couple of pieces with a nice cup of peppermint tea
Remember: Always keep your bounty treats in the freezer as they will melt at room temperature.